Bookish Matters

The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid.

—Jane Austen, Northanger Abbey

Sunday, December 2, 2012

How Do You See Jujubes and Aspirins?

Over the years, I've tried a number of formats and a number of subjects for this blog. Originally it was a place to post poetry. Then it shifted to being about all things bookish. While I was in Spain in 2011 it was a way to keep my family and friends in the know as well as a place for me to express my experiences. In March, while lying sick in bed with the mumps, I had the idea to expand my content to include cooking and the outdoors. I've tried Gardening Wednesdays and Food Fridays, now I'm doing On the Bookshelf and In the Kitchen and In the Garden and The Great Outdoors. In September I added Manifesto Mondays, and I still sometimes do Sundry Sundays.

I see this blog as a work in progress. Imagine construction zone signs all over J&A. I've been thinking about the essence of Jujubes and Aspirins, what my goal for the blog is, who is my ideal readership. Some days I see Jujubes and Aspirins as a setting for my evolving writing career. Some days I see it as a sort of indie Martha Stewart Living, with articles on traveling and gardening and vegan cooking. Some days it's just a place for me to play with words and express myself.

How do you see Jujubes and Aspirins?

I want to know what my readers thinks of all this. Most of you are silent lurkers, but I know I've got some readers out there. What do you think of my content? Are there subjects you prefer, types of posts you like best? What do you think of format and organization? And if you're one of those people who've told me Blogger won't let them comment, you can send an email or respond on Twitter. I'd love to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment