Bookish Matters

The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid.

—Jane Austen, Northanger Abbey

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Spring in Moscow, Idaho

Moscow last week:

view from my bedroom window

Moscow today:

my garden 

squirrel on my roof, as seen from living room window

On Sunday my first daffodil bloomed. On Monday I noticed the first tulip flower forming. This week we've had sunshine and warm weather, even summery weather a couple days, and my flowers are growing in leaps and bounds. I planted three types of daffodils, but all I remember is that the pale ones, the butter-colored ones, are Ice Follies, one of my favorite varieties. The tulips I planted will be a surprise, because I got a variety pack. Two tulips today are opening, blushing behind their green.


The grass is growing lushly in our yard, and yesterday I fell asleep in the grass and sun with a book over my face. Little flying things hover in clouds over the grass. Boxelder bugs climb across the dirt and daffodils. Muskrats swim up Paradise Creek.

No comments:

Post a Comment