Bookish Matters

The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid.

—Jane Austen, Northanger Abbey

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Margaret Atwood at AWP

I had this plan which I think is a very good plan and I am currently working on. It is to read a number of middle-grade fiction, then read a number of YA books, and eventually work my way back to "adult" stuff. That's why I'm currently finishing the Percy Jackson series.

However, I just discovered that Margaret Atwood is going to be the keynote speaker at AWP. AWP is the Association for Writers and Writing Programs, and they hold an annual conference. This year it's in Chicago, and I will be there in a week and half.

Margaret Atwood! This is a sign from the universe that now is the time to be reading her!

So I am modifying my children's lit plan to incorporate Margaret Atwood.

That is all.

2 comments:

  1. 1. WHOA!! WHAT?? Margaret Atwood!? I am so jealous.
    2. I thoroughly recommend the Robber Bride.
    3. A week and a half! So soon. Ditto on the jealous bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2. I went to the library today, and since they didn't have A Handmaid's Tale I had to decide between her less-famous novels. I almost took Robber Bride, but instead I grabbed the Penelopiad since I just finished Percy Jackson. Maybe I should have taken Robber Bride! It's not too late!

    ReplyDelete