I should be diligently writing a paper on Gothic, Romantic, and Sensibilious women authors right now, but my summer vacation starts in 51 hours and I can't help starting to plan my summer reading list. Summer reading list! I rarely stick to reading lists, but they're so fun to make. So here is stuff that I currently am in the mood for. If you have any suggestions of titles in keeping with this list, or random stuff you feel I MUST READ RIGHT NOW, do comment.
- Finish up The Monk, Children of the Abbey, and any of my other gothic novels I feel like.
- Romance novels? I should maybe try to wrap up my romance project before I go to Spain, since when I get back from Spain I probably won't have the interest and motivation I now have.
- Need (just came into the library, I'm going to pick it up in about an hour). This is a YA novel I know almost nothing about except we sell it at work and it's got glitter on the cover.
- Winterson's Sexing the Cherry. Which has been patiently sitting by my bed waiting to be read for a couple weeks now.
- The second Charlaine Harris/Sookie Stackhouse book. Even though I wasn't impressed with the first one, I've recently had the inclination to read the second. Maybe it's because I've been admiring the covers of the books for months at work now and it's infiltrated my subconscious. Maybe it's just so fluffy and frivolous it seems like good summer reading.
- Diana Wynne Jones ftw.
- The Secret Garden if I can get my copy over here to Idaho.
- Nonfiction essays. This is kind of self-assigned homework.
- Magical realism, Ray Bradbury, and Angela Carter short stories. Also self-assigned homework.