Bookish Matters

The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid.

—Jane Austen, Northanger Abbey

Monday, June 21, 2010

Wilhelm Reich

I am well aware of the fact that the human race has known about the existence of a universal energy related to life for many ages. However, the basic task of natural science consisted of making this energy usable. This is the sole difference between my work and all preceding knowledge.
-Wilhelm Reich

This summer I'll be reading Wilhelm Reich and related articles and books.




There are a lot of hypotheses as to what evolutionary function the female orgasm has. My favorite (though I don't think it's likely) is that it helps women to choose patient and creative mates. But this little information about Reich in the video says the function is to maintain energy equilibrium.

This video also tells me that adultery causes suicide and tuberculosis.

1 comment:

  1. ...and listening to a lot of "Cloudbusting" I hope.

    ReplyDelete