Bookish Matters

The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid.

—Jane Austen, Northanger Abbey

Monday, March 1, 2010

Dear John

A letter to author John Green, posted on his YouTube channel.

Dear John,

You will be in Bellingham on Saturday as a speaker at the Children's Literature Conference at my school. I wanted to go, but alas, I must save my funds for such things as college tuition.
Is there any way we could have some sort of Bellingham Nerdfighter Get-Together? Perhaps Afternoon Tea?

Sincerely,
Esme


Hey, Esme,

They're keeping me pretty busy at the conference and also they (understandably) want a bit of a monopoly on my time while I'm there, so that people will part with their college tuition money to go to the conference (which I can attest will be excellent). But I'll be back in the area soon, I bet! Sorry! -John


I had to try, right?

2 comments:

  1. Wait, wait, wait! He responded! OMGOMGOMG!! (Hyperventilating.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. To be fair, he was responding to a lot of random YouTube comments.

    ReplyDelete